Sunday 9 May 2010

DO FAIRYTALES EXIST?

I don't know one girl that doesn't dream about the perfect beginning middle and end. Speaking on behalf of myself I can safely say I expect cuddles, kisses, affection, support and happiness as a basic base for a relationship. I always sit and dream about a lover bringing me flowers randomly, us running on a beach laughing so hard and falling about being happy in each others arms.(typical film/romantic scenes) I dream that one day my life will be like a film full of love, happiness and someone who will tell me I'm gorgeous when I'm not made up, someone who will grab my hand and drag me into the rain and kiss me, just because he can... I dream one day my "Mr. Right" will come and make my life perfect. We watch all these films where the men are "perfect" "amazing" "dreamy" etc etc films such as the notebook, dear john, Twilight, p.s I Love You, Love Actually.... to name a few. Am I wrong to want that? Am I stupid to expect that? Can life ever mimic the films? Is there any men out there who are gorgeous and perfect at the same time? Is there such a thing as "perfect" ? We all have imperfections right? Is it wrong to think fairy tales do exist...

I did a little research using a simple dictionary...

FAIRY :
A tiny imaginary being in human form.

TALES
a falsehood; lie.
a rumor or piece of gossip, often malicious or untrue.

NOW PUT THEM TOGETHER IN THE DICTIONARY AND WHAT DO WE GET....

FAIRYTALE

noun
1. a story about fairies; told to amuse children
2. an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse


I dont know wether i have just answered my own question with one simple search. But i would like to know what everyone else thinks. So ill leave the question "open for debate" ....

Do Fairytales Exist? Is There Ever The Happy Ending We All Dream Of? Or Is Life Too "Normal" For The Film Ending We Want?

No comments:

Post a Comment